If you’re new or just checking in, I am taking that National Blog Posting Month challenge to “Blog for Blogging’s Sake” and get out a post a day- gratitude and finding a return to Zen are themes I chose for myself. I’m trying to write (at least) once a day for the 30 days of November and come up with a list of five things each day that I am grateful for. Having a “gratitude attitude” is one of the fastest paths to happiness I’ve found- so I’m taking it!
Here’s my gratitude list for today:
- Sleeping in. My kids didn’t have school today, so I didn’t have to get up at 6:30, which meant I could nurse, snuggle and snooze with the baby in bed until 8:30- a rare treat!
- My stupid smartphone. Even though at times, it can be frustrating, I really really appreciate the fact that I can take pictures & videos, play games and access the internet on my phone. It’s really amazing, honestly. We live in THE FUTURE, people!
- The health and safety of the people I love. It might sound cliche, but with the hurricane as well as with the loss of my father to cancer, it’s a constant reminder that none of us are invincible. It’s also the second anniversary of the death of pro surfer Andy Irons, a day of remembrance in the surfing community. RIP, bro.
- WIC checks pay for Plum Organics, Happy Baby and Earth’s Best baby food. I cannot TELL you how happy this makes me- I just found out about Plum Organics at my local Safeway today! All three brands are organic and contain NO GMOs. I’m pleasantly surprised our state system hasn’t secretly teamed up with Monsanto. (Californians, vote YES on Prop 37!!)
- Fridays. The light at the end of the tunnel! Also the day I share my favorite photo on Facebook. I mean- it’s FRIDAY: Need I say more?
|Exactly. From me to you.|