Welcome to (my first!)Tutorial Tuesday!
I know how to do LOTS of stuff. I’ll show you how! Then, you too can amaze your friends and family with your savvy ways, make your life easier, more beautiful, natural and eco-friendly!
Today’s theme: Strawberries! Strawberry season came early this year and I am SO excited to start using two of my favorite home remedies again. Now you can enjoy strawberry goodness in whole new ways, too.
Here are two of my favorite ways to use strawberries at home- other than eating them.
- Natural Teeth Whitening without ruining your budget, the earth or your enamel. (As long as you don’t do it too often! Dentists recommend about once a week, no more. 🙂 The malic acid in strawberries acts as an astringent to remove stains & discoloration -in case you drink as much coffee as I do! 😉
- Crush one strawberry to a pulp
- Mix with 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Spread on teeth and leave 5 minutes, then
- Brush that stuff off with real toothpaste and
- Behold your whiter, brighter smile!
Next up is:
- Rejuvenating Facial Mask: Did you know at around 30, skin cell production slow down? Yeah, that means if you’re like me (I am 31 and a HALF, says my 8 year old) your skin could use a pick-me-up every now and again. Plus, it feels SO pampering to my skin simply applying it, nevermind the actual benefits! Oh, those…. Right. Strawberries have salicylic acid (like the active ingredient found in most acne treatments) that rids the skin of dead cells, makes your skin pores smaller and your face look brighter. Um, yes please! But since my skin isn’t so young anymore and it’s also fairly sensitive, I add both cream and honey to soothe, moisturize and heal sun damaged skin. My died died from Melanoma, people. Believe me, I am taking care of my skin- and you should, too!
- Rinse the strawberries. You don’t want pesticides, germs or dirt in your mask!
- Mash 4 or 5 strawberries in a bowl. (Or let your kid do it, if you’re feeling brave!)
- Add a fatty spoonful of heavy cream. (Sorry, I’ve never measured! If you only have milk at home, you can use about 1 tbsp. of milk with a little less butter to substitute)
- Mix together with 1 tsp. of honey, preferably raw. (there are tons of trace minerals!)
- Apply and leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse with lots of warm water.
*It goes without saying people with sensitive skin should rinse at the first sign of any skin irritation!
Happy strawberry season!
Do you have any other favorite uses for strawberries other than eating them?
If you like this post, you can subscribe by RSS or e-mail and have a fairy
(or ‘a series of tubes’ if you’re Ted Stevens) personally deliver each post to your inbox.
You can also like me on Facebook to join the Progressive Parent community
for activism, lactivism, laughtivism and more!
If you really like this post and are feeling philanthropic, you can make a secure donation
through Paypal using the button in the column on the right. ♥
I think strawberries as a teeth-whitener may not be as effective as those DIY kits you'd find in the market. It may be to some but then again, teeth whitening should be done by professionals like a dentist hendersonville tn. It's just too complicated to be done alone.
I have wanted to write about something like this on my webpage and you gave me an idea. Cheers.Periodontal disease
Oooh and of course I'm +1 your strawberry awesomeness too!xoxo,Nicole
No way! Teeth whitening with strawberries? Who'd a thunk it?!Aloha,Following ya from bloggy moms. We're riding the wave of life over at localsugarhawaii.com and I'd love it if you'd join us. I could even maybe pick up a few strawberries if that would entice ya. =)xoxo,Nicolelocalsugarhawaii.com
Hmmm who knew!
stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! i did not realize you could so many things with strawberries! New Follower via email :-)http://infinitelifefitness.comhttp://mscomposure.blogspot.com