I’ve never really had an agenda in terms of amount of readership, posts, making money or waves. I wrote my first post while still pregnant and looking for an outlet while I waited to give birth, overdue and knowing three things about myself- so I stuck them into the header. It just occurred to me I’ve never really explained it, so I will here:
- I’m passionate: I really really care about this world, the people in it and what happens to it. I feel like can’t not say something on a lot of issues.
- I’m positive. Well, I try to be, despite grieving and PPD. I believe compassion is the key to unlocking the doors toward making everything better- starting with how we treat and relate to our kids, as mindful parents. Writing is how how I do my part with little funds and time, but lots of passion and willpower.
- Oh, and I can be kind of a punk, too. Sure, I wear my fair share of black, like independent music and have seven piercings and a tattoo- but moreover, I root for the underdog. I think for myself. I think the system is flawed and I live how I see fit- not how anyone else says I should. It’s pissed my parents off for years and finally, it’s come to a place where it can not only be beneficial to me, but to others, as well.
To that end, I have these two quotes to share about my progress so far, from two other women writers that I love and respect, who -very differently- express the importance of love, compassion and progress- beginning with making peace within yourself. ♥
and this, one of my favorite inspirational quotes, (often attributed to Nelson Madela)
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Marianne WIlliamson
My most memorable & popular posts, so far:
- My Lactation Cookie recipe has my most views, to date- probably because it’s a good-and-good-for-you, very forgiving recipe! Seriously. I alter the recipe like, every time. (And now I want to make them for the ten zillionth time. They are so good with coffee for breakfast!)
- The time I got banned from Facebook for breastfeeding pictures. (Grrrrr…..)
- The first time I really opened up about my grief, it made Editor’s pick on Open Salon. (Which also happened to my post on Sally Ride on Open Salon, here.)
- When another blogger I love, respect and admire called me her friend. I puked a rainbow.
- A post of mine was recently quoted by one of two New Zealand news stations. That’s like, legit and stuff.
|You guys me feel all warm and fuzzy…|